- Welcome Message
- About SNC
- About SNC's Space Systems
- Executive Officers
- Executive Management
- Contact Us
- SIERRA NEVADA CORPORATION DREAM CHASER TESTING BEGINS AT NASA DRYDEN, LANGLEY
- Sierra Nevada Corporation Announces Shipment of Dream Chaser Flight Vehicle to NASA’s Dryden Flight Research Center
- Sierra Nevada Corporation’s Dream Chaser Spacecraft System Passes Third Milestone With Successful Integrated System Safety Design Review
- SNC’s Hybrid Rocket Engines Power SpaceShipTwo on its First Powered Flight Test
- Sierra Nevada Corporation Completes Dream Chaser Milestones for Commercial Crew Integrated Capabilities Program
Executive Management - Jim VossVice President, Space Exploration Systems SNC's Space Systems
Mr. Voss, former astronaut, currently serves as the Vice President of Space Exploration Systems where he is responsible for SNC's Space Systems human spaceflight program. His 30 years of experience in space and flight test began with the US Naval Test Pilot School and work as a flight test engineer for the US Army. He was a NASA vehicle test engineer for the Space Shuttle, then was selected to the astronaut program.
In his 19 years of operational spaceflight experience he flew on five Space Shuttle missions and served as a long duration crew member on the second expedition to the International Space Station (ISS). He has logged more than 200 days in space and performed four spacewalks. He has multiple spacecraft experience, having flown as a flight engineer on the Space Shuttle, the Russian Soyuz, and ISS. He is an expert in US and Russian space systems.
After leaving NASA, he was Associate Dean of Engineering at Auburn University and taught human spacecraft design. He currently teaches classes about human spaceflight as a Scholar in Residence at the University of Colorado at Boulder. Mr. Voss has been a senior manager for NASA and executive for three aerospace companies before filling his current role as VP of Space Exploration Systems for the Space Systems Business Area.