Commercial Crew Development (CCDev) Round One
upcoming CCDev Round 2
Washington, D.C., Monday, November 8, 2010 – Showcasing the potential of commercial crew transportation and commercial fixed-price agreements, five company teams selected by NASA in February 2010 under the $50 million Commercial Crew Development Round One program have built significant working hardware in just nine months, new images and data show.
“The launch vehicles for Commercial Crew already exist and are flying today, and the capsules and spacecraft that will fly atop these launch vehicles are making significant hardware progress – rocket engines are being fired, landing systems are being tested, heat shields are being built, designs are being refined,” said Bretton Alexander, President of the Commercial Spaceflight Federation. “The commercial spaceflight industry is poised to meet NASA’s mission requirements for crew transportation, creating thousands of jobs along the way.”
Including Sierra Nevada Space Systems, five teams participating in Commercial Crew Development Round One have show significant progress in the program:
- Sierra Nevada Corporation
- Paragon Space Development Corporation
- United Launch Alliance
- Blue Origin
About the Commercial Spaceflight Federation
The mission of the Commercial Spaceflight Federation (CSF) is to promote the development of commercial human spaceflight, pursue ever-higher levels of safety, and share best practices and expertise throughout the industry. The Commercial Spaceflight Federation’s member companies, which include commercial spaceflight developers, operators, spaceports, suppliers, and service providers, are creating thousands of high-tech jobs nationwide, working to preserve Americanleadership in aerospace through technology innovation, and inspiring young people to pursue careers in science and engineering. For more information please visit www.commercialspaceflight.org or contact Executive Director John Gedmark at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 202.349.1121.
- Welcome Message
- About SNC
- About SNC's Space Systems
- Executive Officers
- Executive & Key Management
- Contact Us
- Feb 03, 2015: Sierra Nevada Corporation Successfully Completes Dream Chase...
- Jan 05, 2015: Sierra Nevada Corporation’s Statement on the Government Ac...
- Dec 17, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation Transfers Operation ofSix Orbital ...
- Dec 05, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation Congratulates NASA, ULA andLockhee...
- Dec 02, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation Successfully Tests CriticalDream C...