Eren Ozmen, Chairman and President
Eren Ozmen is Chairman and President of Sierra Nevada Corporation
Eren joined Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) in 1988, shortly after receiving her MBA from the University of Nevada, Reno. With a strong vision of the future, Eren and her husband Fatih Ozmen acquired SNC in 1994, and as SNC's sole owners, set their plans in motion to expand and grow the company. As a direct result of their strategic planning efforts, to include the successful acquisition of 12 electronics firms and their strong financial and technical management SNC has grown into the Top Woman-Owned Federal Contractor in the United States.
Through the Ozmens' vision and decisive leadership, SNC has expanded to six business areas in 31 locations in 17 states. SNC has a workforce of over 3,000 personnel - most of whom are scientists, engineers, or technical personnel – and all of whom are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of SNC's diverse customer base. Multidimensional and extremely dynamic, Eren Ozmen is actively involved in all key aspects of SNC's business management.
In addition to her role as an influential business woman, Eren places a priority on maintaining a healthy work-life balance, promoting family-friendly policies in the corporate culture of SNC – including the establishment of an on-site daycare in 1991 for employees to use. Partnered with SNC's CEO Fatih Ozmen, this team provides the dynamic leadership and strategic vision that have been the driving forces behind SNC's dramatic success.
SNC and the Ozmens have been honored by numerous organizations as a result of their successful leadership, including:
- "World's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Space" - Fast Company Magazine (2014)
- U.S. Top 10 Nation's Fastest Growing Private Companies, "Revenue Growth for $Billion Companies" - Inc. Magazine (2011)
- "Aerospace Company of the Year" (2014)
- "Top Women-Owned U.S. Government Contractor" (2010 and 2012)
- "Fastest Growing Women-Owned Company in North America" (2011)
- "Aviation Entrepreneurs of the Year" (2012) and inducted as "Living Legends of Aviation" (2013) - Beverly Hills, CA
- Top 10 Most Influential Turkish-Americans - TurkOfAmerica Magazine (2014)
- "Top Woman-Owned Firms" for excellence in using innovative information technology solutions - GCN (2005 and 2006)
- "Women Role Model of the Year" (2002)
- "Distinguished Business of the Year" (2001)
As a tribute to the Ozmen's exceptional leadership, successful vision and extraordinary generous employee benefits, SNC was recognized by its employees as:
- Reno-Tahoe's "Best Places to Work" (2009, 2011, and 2012)
- "Denver's Best Places to Work" (2012)
- "Florida's Best Companies to Work" (2010)
- Welcome Message
- About SNC
- About SNC's Space Systems
- Executive Officers
- Executive & Key Management
- Contact Us
- Jul 10, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation Successfully Completes the Acquisi...
- Jul 08, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation Matures Dream Chaser® Space Sy...
- Jun 19, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation to Acquire Orbital Technologies Co...
- Jun 12, 2014: Sierra Nevada Corporation Adds Craig Technologies to Dream C...
- Jun 10, 2014: Inaugural Star Wars™ Half Marathon WeekendRegistration...